someday ill be in company of all....

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eat Pray Love by Elizebeth Gilbert


Price Rs 359 (Its available at 175 in homeshop18.com)
Non-fiction

Now of all books that I have  why am I starting with this one????..Recently I happened to watch this movie Nth time of course while browsing through various movie site...Need i mention that Julia Roberts was awwwwweeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssooommmeee...I love her so much..For me she is a true star..The way she fitted in as Liz mmmm wow...Did I say I love her..ok now back to subject I got this book to read it again..As I snuggled with my book DING!!!!..I wanted to write about the all books I have read...

And so here I am..

I picked up this book which carried the slogan "One woman's search for everything"...That seemed to strike a chord ,I picked it instantly....True  to its words this book indeed is a journey of self discovery of Elizabeth,  Liz... After traumatic divorce at 32 from six years of marriage ,she takes up a journey to Italy,India and Indonesia , four months in each country  after realising that shes been missing singular balance of the good  and the beautiful ..I decides on harmony amid extremes in short worldly enjoyment with divine transcendence...

Her journey is truly enlightening..In Italy she masters the art of seeking pleasure ..At any given time she is either eating ,reading or learning Italian because she finds the language beautiful...Through Florence ,Venice Naples she rediscovers herself overcoming  her loneliness...

Next in India through the amazing grace of Sanskrit and  yoga ,begins her spiritual journey..She learns meditation  with the help of a mantra... Initially she is unable to concentrate but eventually she finally gets into the swing....Not a word about the whereabouts of the ashram is given in the book but for few vague whereabouts...After her Kundalini, experience she moves on to Indonesia.

Bali her final destination is the point where the whole journey starts and she comes back to complete the circle..Her meeting with a ninth generation medicine man who asks her to teach English who in return would teach all things known to him..He also foretells her happy future from her palm at a time when her life was in all tatters..This time her visit sheds away her depression ....She gets to meet many interesting people  all along most importantly  Felipe's love of her life ,his focused love for her makes one wish for that kind of guy in one's life....As in fairy tales,Eat pray love ends in a happy note with an epilogue of the couple's struggle to keep up with life and distance...

Elizebeth Gilbert's pathetically honest approach with a dash of humour makes it a super read....Her travelogue about three different country is a real inspiration who carry a travelling bug in them ...
For me this book was a pleasurable read...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...