someday ill be in company of all....

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher:Speak
Price:Rs 299
Page: 400
ISBN: 9780142419403
Genre: Contemporary young adult
Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Borrowed


Buy Anna and the French Kiss from Flipkart.com
Buy Anna and the French Kiss from amazon.com

Summary:
From back cover
Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

Review:
During my last train journey my co-passenger literally forced me to read this book and she just couldn't stop drooling about St.Clair err (he is the hero ), since my polite version surfaces with stranger, I had no choice but to abandon my book and read it, she was even ready to part with it if I could not finish it during the 15 hr journey, which I didn't want of course..This book was among the book blogger's recommendation too..So I was sprinting fast faster than my express train and deprived myself sleep ..But was it worth?? well read on..This was the quote she had memorized and I am not exaggerating on it..So I definitively had to add this..

"So what do I wish for?Something I'm not sure I want?Someone I'm not sure I need?Or someone I know I can't have?"

Anna has a perfect life or that's what she thinks, until her father packs her off to Paris (wow that part really clicked on me, well Paris !!! yeah I always wanted to be there,  its always been on my wishlist which is getting longer and longer day after day), her school being School of America..But she isn't happy about it, being uprooted from her well established terrain..In Paris she instantly befriends Meredith who happens to have a crush on St.Claire (*BAWL*)...From Georgia to Paris her life looks only beautiful as she is drawn totally and crazily onto St.Claire but he has a girlfriend already(Twist!!)..Between  my co-passenger's hyper spirit to explain things to me in a crisp note I was having a hard time keeping up with my politeness and reading..I hate when someone disturbs me when I am reading..Hello I mean business with my books and I take it pretty seriously but I had no success..I totally understood her stand as I started digging into the book St.Claire, he has a British accent speaks French and very much cute and adorable ..Of course his messy hair is cute according to Anna...The way he cared for his friends and family only takes him to another level...But there was too much of drama from Anna and St.Claire okay less from St.Claire and more from Anna..Are the wealthy teenagers always expected to act like this??? Well I'll reserve my comments on that...But their Pablo poetry, city tour were all wonderful moments of the book..

On the brighter part Perkins writing was amazing, she made want to travel to Paris the very moment(grrrr!!!)  and she has taken care to keep the ambiance all through the novel..Anna was funny and sensible except when she was dramatic for no reason..She couldn't speak French but then most spoke English all around her, so what big deal..She was a perfect friend rendering sound advice at one moment and made such a fool of herself when drunk in the next instant..St. Claire with his perfectly messy hair and lovy dovy manners was all over the book..

The book is a light-hearted teenage romantic tale with amazing and wonderful moments that will defiantly flint a smile or two across your face but is it worth so much of swooning??? well that spirit is quite variable ..For me it had every element for a feel good read...

Book 12 TBR reading challenge

Book 3 on book blogger's recommendation challenge

1 comment:

  1. We book lovers are forceful when we love a good book..glad you were able to read it on the train. I would love to spend 15 hrs on a train, just think of all the books I could read..lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...