someday ill be in company of all....

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Book festival

October 2nd is a national holiday marking the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi Father of Nation..There was a book festival (okay now that was no a big event ) ...I decided to have a bit of fun exploring around...I am not that good at my mother tongue Malayalam, though I can speak fluently reading and writing is always a task for me..What better chance to improve it..The Book festival was organized by Mathrubhumi (daily Malayalam newspaper based in Kerala), they also have their own publication ...


Books were of varied genre from classics to contemporary, fiction , non-fiction, educational and so on..BUt the language was  Malayalam...


Malayalam translation of major world classics were also there...


I found this one biography of Indira Gandhi..Isn't she beautiful!!!!


How could I get back without buying anything...I got myself these

  • Selected stories by Madhavy kutty
  • Perunkalliyattam -Its a book on Theyyam (I haven't been able to find good ones in English)
  • Anushtanakala Rangapraveshnavum folklore - another book on Theyyam and other folklore..

1 comment:

  1. It is great that you can read in more then one language VB! I wish I could do so effectively. Of course my native language is English. I can read a little in Italian. I always say that I will brush up to the where I can actually read a book in that language.

    Happy reading the books that you purchased!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...